[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 smp on Dual Quad Core Xeon

chrism at imntv.com chrism at imntv.com
Mon Feb 26 16:16:04 UTC 2007

Jerry Muller wrote:
> Yup, they're all there. I guess the problem is with System Monitor
> (graphical....)
>
> Thanks,

This behaviour of "top" also confused me, at first.  After buying our
first shiny new dual dual-core opteron box, I noted only one cpu when I
ran top.  So I figured "gosh, I guess it's not running an SMP kernel"
and checked /var/log/messages to see how many cpus appeared on boot.
All 4 cores were detected and it showed that it loaded the smp kernel.
That's when I dug into the man page for top and found the "1" key.  :)

Cheers,