[CentOS] Swap Considerations

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Tue Feb 27 19:53:30 UTC 2007

If you have 4 1GB swap partitions of equal priority it will interleave
operations between them giving you a RAID0 type effect and increasing
overall swap performance.

If you setup swap on top of RAID-1, say with LVM, then this scenario
will give you the best performance and be able to continue running in
the event of a drive failure.

-Ross