[CentOS] Swap Considerations

William Warren hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com
Tue Feb 27 20:04:56 UTC 2007

I'm going to be different from most.  I don't believe in using swap at
all.  I have my swap starting equal to my ram and as i go up i REDUCE
the swap.  My vm.swappiness is always set to zero as swapping to disk is
many times slower than keeping it in ram.

--
My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: