[CentOS] Flash por x64

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Tue Feb 27 21:46:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 03:31:32PM -0500, Phil Schaffner enlightened us:
> > On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 12:19:41PM -0300, Dago Pacheco enlightened us:
> > > i'm kinda newbie in centos.... so clear me something... you say that I
> > > must put this entry
> > >
> > > #released i386 updates
> > > [update-i386]
> > > name=CentOS-$releasever - i386 Updates
> > > mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=i386&repo=updates
> > > #baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/i386/
> > > gpgcheck=1
> > > gpgkey=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/RPM-GPG-KEY-centos4
> > > enabled=0
> > > protect=1
> > >

> > > in /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo , right?
> > > is there anything else that i must consider?
> > >

> > I would put it in a separate file, e.g. firefox-i386.repo so that it isn't
> > overwritten with upgrades to the package that owns CentOS-Base.repo.
> > Otherwise, that's all you should need.
>
> Good idea to put it in another file as it may be less confusing, but it
> should not be necessary to keep it from getting overwritten by an
> upgrade, which should create CentOS-Base.repo.rpmnew if the file has
> been modified.  Either putting it in CentOS-Base.repo or in a new file
> will have the same effect.

You're correct, a .rpmnew file would be created, but any changes made in
that file would have to be hand applied. Better to let that file get
automatically updated and keep your changes in another file, especially for
a newbie.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak