[CentOS] Swap Considerations

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Wed Feb 28 01:02:42 UTC 2007

William Warren wrote:
> I do it for ALL Linux boxes i run.  Why would i want to chug a machine
> through swap?  That's the windows way of doing things. I'll just throw
> in memory..especially with how cheap it is these days.

/me wishes he had spare cash to get more RAM to handle memory abusing
GTK apps.

:D

Funny though that you say Windows chugs through swap. I remember
millions of posts from newbie Linux 'admins' complaining about Linux
using up all memory available. Does not that imply that Windows does not
chug through swap? Or you are just saying that is what Windows admins do?