[CentOS] Default router on different subnet - Is it possible?

Fri Feb 2 09:34:16 UTC 2007
Plant, Dean <dean.plant at roke.co.uk>

In the below example normal Internet traffic is routed as shown from
node1 to internet1. The node1 defaultrouter points to the firewall and
the firewall points to internet1. For node2 is it possible to add it's
own link to the Internet passing through the same default router and
firewall as node1. The links do not need to failover or provide any
redundancy.

node1---node1 defaultrouter--firewall--internet1(default route node1)
node2--/                             \-internet2(default route node2)

I know a default route should be on the same local subnet but is there
any routing trickery (or maybe iptables) I can do on node2 to get around
this.

Thanks

Dean