[CentOS] Centos 4.0 updates repo & local repository creation

Sun Feb 4 18:39:32 UTC 2007
Sanjay Arora <sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com>

Hello all

I used Centos 4.0 iso to setup my systems and updated till date. I
assume they are equivalent to systems created with Centos 4.4

Now, I am planning to setup a full local repository of Centos updates,
extras, centosplus etc. (not isos...as I intend to download isos only
when Centos 5 becomes available.

Please advise what directories I should download for my local
repository, as the download tree has updates, extras, centosplus repos
for 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4. & 4.4 & so on. Please advise the appropriate
rsync commands, so that I can use it, so as to exclude isos and
include the rest.

A smal comment on how the repos relate to version numbers would be
really appreciated.

With best regards.
Sanjay.