[CentOS] Centos 4 and Supermicro ICH7R

Wed Feb 14 19:23:39 UTC 2007
ricardo oliveira <ricardoliv at gmail.com>

Hi:

I've tried to install centos 4.3 in a raid array, setuped on bios as
mode "Adaptec". The chip is  ICH7R but centos always sees 2 drives
instead of the array that I create.
I've contacted Supermicro support and they gave me this link
ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/driver/SATA/Adaptec_ICH7R/Linux/Redhat/ , but
the disk drivers I tried to use with centos 4.3 did not work, saying
that the disk did not containt appropriate drivers for the hardware.

Have anyone here had similar problems? does centos 4.4 solves this issue?

I really need to install centos as an array... and as hardware RAID
and not software RAID.

Best Regards,
Ricardo