[CentOS] rpm scriptlet failed

Thu Feb 15 15:16:50 UTC 2007
Tony Schreiner <schreian at bc.edu>

On Jan 8, 2007, at 9:16 AM, Tony Schreiner wrote:

> I have a system (Centos 4.4 all packages uptodate) where almost
> every rpm or yum operation fails with a message  like e.g.:
>
> error: %preun(a2ps-4.13b-41.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 255
>
> some times the error is on %post()

> I can do the install /remove/update with --noscripts, but that
> doesn't seem like a good idea.
>
> rpm --rebuilddb has not helped
>
> selinux is enabled but permissive.
>
> I've seen a few mentions of this on google, but found no solution.
>
> Anybody experienced this?
> Tony

I'm going to follow up to my own post.

When I had this problem, I had selinux enabled but permissive.  I
finally had a chance to restart the system, and restarted it with
selinux disabled. rpm works properly now.

When I get another chance to reboot, I will try turning it back on
and relabeling the file system; but it might be a while before I can
do that.
Tony