[CentOS] USB flash drive stopped working properly....

Thu Feb 22 17:48:33 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhull-richter at datallegro.com>

This past Tuesday (2/22/07) my flash drive started acting really strange
- it only worked intermittently and would disappear right after an
access or two.  Yesterday it stopped working altogether - I couldn't
even access it through my WinXP-on-VMWare.  I rebooted my machine, and
it worked fine after that.

Is there some time limit on how long a USB flash drive will work in
CentOS or is this a bug or ? ? ?

I'm running a Dell Precision 390 with a Pentium-4 HT 3GHz, 2Gb mem, 1
SATA 150Gb (?) drive, multiple USB ports (including KB&mouse), etc.,
using CentOS 4.4 with the 2.6.9-42.0.8 kernel.

The flash drive is a 2Gb SanDisk Titanium Cruzer-mini.

Thanks.