[CentOS] How to enable yum at startup with yum 2.9

Tue Feb 27 04:11:48 UTC 2007
Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com>

Hi all,

I updated yum 2.4 to yum 2.9 from ATRPMS by using yum as below.

yum update yum

I now have yum 2.9.
pls see yum ver below

[root at mailgw yum]# rpm -qa |grep yum
yum-2.9.4-74.el4.at
yum-metadata-parser-1.0-7.1_1.el4.at

Before that (i.e when I was running yum 2.4), I could enable yum at startup
as below

chkconfig yum on

and I was also able to start/stop/restart yum as below.

/etc/init.d/yum restart.

I also had a crontab at /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron for updates as below.

 cat /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron

#!/bin/sh

if [ -f /var/lock/subsys/yum ]; then
        /usr/bin/yum -R 120 -e 0 -d 0 -y update yum
        /usr/bin/yum -R 10 -e 0 -d 0 -y shell /etc/yum/yum-daily.yum
fi

But, Since I updated yum to 2.9, All those are gone.

Now I want to know that how to enable, restart yum.

And also I want ot know should I write a crontab for my daily updtaes?

Help needed.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya