[CentOS] broadcom 802.3ad

Fri Feb 2 10:45:26 UTC 2007
James Pearson <james-p at moving-picture.com>

Gordon McLellan wrote:
> Does anyone have some tips for setting up Broadcom's 802.3AD support
> or just getting their driver compiled / installed?
>
> First off, I noticed redhat claims the broadcom bcm5708 driver has
> been added to the rhel4 kernel.  But I don't see /proc/net/nicinfo
> which broadcom claims the driver creates when it's successfully
> initialized.

The bcm5708 driver is there - as your dmesg output states.

May be '/proc/net/nicinfo' is something the native driver from Broadcom
creates/uses- and RedHat chose not to port that part?

I know nothing about Broadcom's 802.3AD support - but why not just use
the 802.3AD bonding driver that the kernel provides? - see:

<http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BondingInterfaces>

James Pearson