[CentOS] Unablce to open VNC

Sat Feb 3 13:44:46 UTC 2007
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 16:05 -0800, Todd Cary wrote:
> I have vnc working on my server when I am logged into that server.  If I
> run vncviewer, I have a copy of the Desktop.  Hwever, if I SSH into the
> server, I get an error.  Due to my lack of experience, I am not sure
> what the log file means:
>
> http://209.204.172.137/misc/vnc_error.txt

If you explain it with more details this should be easier to understand
what you're trying to do ...
It seems you're trying to have a vncserver working on your 'server'
machine. How have you launched that vncserver ? through the
standard /etc/rc.d/init.d/vncserver script ?
What are the ports you're using ? Is a firewall running on that
'server' ?
Did you mean you wanted to use ssh with port-forwarding to be able to
connect on the remote vnc server through the ssh tunnel ?
etc ...

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>