[CentOS] qmail on CentOS 4.4

Mon Feb 5 23:33:34 UTC 2007
Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt.com>

R Lists06 wrote:
>> I've tried to install qmail 1.03 on CentOS 4.4 using the command:
>>
>> # make setup check
>>
>> and I received this error:
>>
>> ./load auto-str substdio.a error.a str.a
>> substdio.a(substdo.o)(.text+0x43): In function `allwrite':
>>> undefined reference to `errno'
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make: *** [auto-str] Error 1
>>
>> Can anyone please help?
>>
>> TIA
>> Dick Holland
>>

> http://www.google.com
>
> http://qmail.jms1.net
>
> http://www.qmailrocks.org
>
> and there is lifewithqmail.org and several others
>
> basically what I am saying, is that you should have a well thought
> out full install before you start of your just in for headaches
>
> if you don't install qmail properly and it is an internet facing
> unit, some unpleasant issues will eventually arise.
>
> :-)
>
>  - rh

IIRC correctly, this is the (in)famous errno problem. It requires a patch to
put qmail at 1.03. Life with qmail has all the instruction you need to patch
and install qmail. There's a script to do it all for you. Qmail is really
straight forward provided you follow the install directions to the letter.
Once you do, you'll have the best SMTP server running.

Thanks!

Mark Schoonover *** Winner of the 2008 Best Psychic Award
IS Manager
American Geotechnical - California, Nevada and Arizona
V-> 858.450.4040 F-> 714.685.3909 C-> 858.472.3816