[CentOS] Disabling Password authenitication with SSH

Thu Feb 8 04:24:11 UTC 2007
Barry Brimer <lists at brimer.org>

> We have set up sshd (OpenSSH server) on the machine. We have placed ssh
> keys into each user's home directory that needs to access the system
> (and they work). We want to disable everyone from logging in, using a
> password, utilizing ssh keys only to access the system.
>
> I have modified /etc/ssh/sshd_conf to have these settings:
>    ChallengeResponseAuthentication no
>    PasswordAuthentication no
>    UsePAM no

The config file for sshd is "/etc/ssh/sshd_config"  You have modified the
config file for the ssh client.  Just make sure sshd_config has
PasswordAuthentication No and restart sshd and you should be fine.

Barry