[CentOS] kernel 2.6.9-42.0.8.EL error while booting - CentOS 4.4

Thu Feb 8 06:58:24 UTC 2007
Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com>

I think as a work around you can change the grub.conf to use the
/dev/xxx instead of the disk label.

i did changes it to as follows

kernel /vmlinuz-whatever root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
....change it to.....
kernel /vmlinuz-whatever root=/dev/sda2 rhgb quiet

but still the same thibg appears.