[CentOS] New Bind Update

Thu Feb 8 16:12:03 UTC 2007
chrism at imntv.com <chrism at imntv.com>

John Hinton wrote:
> I was wondering if the new bind update is going smoothly for those who
> have done it?
>
> I've been a little hesitant to run it yet as the last time forced a
> bit of time fixing things. I'm trying to plan if I need to have some
> hours available for this or if it is like most of the time.. just do
> it and everything's ok.

I threw caution to the wind and just installed it on our primary and
secondary nameserver systems.  I didn't run into any problems and it was
a simple "yum update" for me.  I remember having some issues in the past
with systems that were also running a caching nameserver.  I've since
uninstalled that on systems that were doing real work.

Cheers,