[CentOS] SquidGuard

Sat Feb 10 12:14:54 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

Jordi Espasa Clofent wrote:
> You have squidguard and squidguard-blacklists packages availables from
> Dag's repo (rpmforge).
> The SquidGuard documentation is good and you can get it in the project's
> homesite: http://squidguard.shalla.de/

Hmm. Last I knew it was squidguard.org. I'm glad it's been adopted; it
wasn't so bad while the blacklists were being maintained.

My technique's been reactive: block the kids' favourite sites. I was
pretty amazed at chessgames, but we let that one stand: you would not
expect any chess players amongst our students.

btw One can also block stuff in Squid. We have a blanket ban on
receiving video and music, as determined by the respones headers.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait