[CentOS] SquidGuard

Mon Feb 12 11:13:57 UTC 2007
Jordi Espasa Clofent <jordi.listas at yahoo.es>

>> It seems I lacked clarity: my point is that the rules are too
>> stringent and restrict perfectly innocent browsing. Almost any
>> longish document will contain enough bad words to be blocked,
>> especially if it contains current teen-speak.

It's a well-know problem about the using of regular expressions as a
basis of blocked sites. I can read the next from SquidGuard documentation:

---
Unless you build your expressions very very carefully there is a high
risk you will have annoyed users on your neck. Typically you might
accidentally block "Essex", "Sussex", "breastcancer", "www.x.org" etc.
in your eagerness for blocking pornographic material. In practice you
would probably replace some of the words in the example above with some
more clearly pornographic related words that I don't find appropriate to
list here.
----

So if you use regexp you should be aware of that.

:-/