[CentOS] CentOS 2.6.9-42.0.8 issue - no keyboard after reboot

Mon Feb 12 20:05:15 UTC 2007
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

> Is there a bug or other problem in the standard USB driver for 42.0.8?
> This is frustrating, and it has halted my development.  I should be able
> to build and run the straight distro rpm without this kind of grief,
> shouldn't I?
>
> Suggestions, comments, etc. welcome.

1. usb drivers work fine here for all my devices (webcam, wireless
keyboard/mouse set, memory sticks, and external hard drives and dvd
burners.)

2. Um, the whole point of rpm based distributions is that you don't
have to build them. That part is done for you. That said, it all
rebuilds cleanly if you have a proper build environment. That's one of
the things which the centos developers are very picky about. It's also
pretty fundamental to the distribution, as it's all rebuilt from the
sources of the upstream vendor.

George Orwell