[CentOS] CentOS 2.6.9-42.0.8 issue - no keyboard after reboot

Mon Feb 12 22:47:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 17:07 -0500, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> New details:
>
> I am running an SMP machine and have been using the
> kernel-2.6.9-x86_64-smp.config config file, which is the one that I
> can't get to work.
>
> So, I figured, what the heck, I'll just use the
> kernel-2.6.9-x86_64.config config file instead and just turn on SMP in
> make menuconfig.
>
> Voila!  It works.
>
> There are huge differences between these two config files, and I'm
> wondering what the heck is messed up in the former such that it doesn't
> work but the latter does, even on SMP?
>
> Thanks.

I can guarantee that they both build fine on the centos builders and on
a machine with all the x86_64 packages and the only i[3,4,5,6]86
packages are glibc.i686 and glibc-devel.i386.

You should either be building with plague and a full x86_64 tree ... or
a full tree as described in my first paragraph.

Now, as to whether the keyboard works, that could be an issue.  Did you
ever try to boot with my SMP kernel and see if there where also issues
with that.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes