[CentOS] CentOS 2.6.9-42.0.8 issue - no keyboard after reboot

Mon Feb 12 23:05:33 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhull-richter at datallegro.com>

I'm still new to CentOS/RHEL and rpm, so let me do this:

> I can guarantee that they both build fine on the centos builders and
on
> a machine with all the x86_64 packages and the only i[3,4,5,6]86
> packages are glibc.i686 and glibc-devel.i386.

How do I find this out?  If I do an rpm -q -a, I get 250+ lines of
output, none of which appear to be specifically identified/identifiable
as x86_64....

> You should either be building with plague and a full x86_64 tree ...
or
> a full tree as described in my first paragraph.

Not sure what that means, per se.  I'm building with rpm.

> Now, as to whether the keyboard works, that could be an issue.  Did
you
> ever try to boot with my SMP kernel and see if there where also issues
> with that.

Which one is "your" SMP kernel?

Told you I'm new at this....