[CentOS] NFS failure on latest kernel update

Wed Feb 14 00:33:52 UTC 2007
fredex <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

Guys:

On a 4.4 box I use as my desktop at work, I just did a "yum update" today
for the first time in a while and it got the latest kernel 2.6.9-42.0.8.
Upon rebooting afterward nfs now fails to mount two nfs shares on another
Linux (very old Red Hat 6.2) box, that it always had mounted previously.

google didn't help me much, and I couldn't find anything abouu it in
the Centos forums (fora??).

I'm getting an error something like "RPC error: Program not registered."

did the new kernel break NFS on us?

Thanks!
  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding