[CentOS] How can I batch print html pages

Thu Feb 15 11:17:25 UTC 2007
Andrew Brown <andrewb at cnf.com.au>

Theo Band wrote:
> I thought this was easy, but it turns out to be not so obvious.
>
> My problem:
> I have a database with hour registration. I need to print out about
> hundreds of pages and have them signed by employees. Of course I want
> to do this automatically. Up to now I have a collection of html pages
> (got them using wget). So the final thing I want is to print them all
> out in one go.
>
> How to do that?
>
> I search for a command-line option to convert the html to pdf. Or have
> firefox/konqueror print them directly without user intervention (there
> is not a switch like "firefox --print <url>"). Note that the pages are
> off-line, not on the server. The original pages can only retrieved
> with after authorization. That's why I used wget with a saved session
> cookie.
>
> Anyone got an simple solution?
I have not tried this my self, but try using html2ps and ghostscript to
generate PDF's

htnl2ps is written ib Perl and can be found at
http://user.it.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html

Syntax: is:

	perl html2ps file.html > file.ps

You can script that through the collection of html files, optionally
pushing the postscript output through Ghostscript.

--
regards

Andrew Brown
Civil & Forensic Pty Ltd
www.cnf.com.au <http://www.cnf.com.au/>

*Voice:* +61 2 6332-5400    *Fax:* +61 2 6332-5402
*Snail:* PO Box 632, Bathurst 2795  Australia
*AusDoc:*  DX 3119 Bathurst
/This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. This communication may contain confidential material. If you
are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering
the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please notify the sender.
/
/
/