[CentOS] Error on installing vlc

Thu Feb 15 13:06:54 UTC 2007
Steve Huff <shuff at vecna.org>

On Feb 15, 2007, at 7:57 AM, Jura Ernest wrote:

> I get the following failed dependencies when I try install the vlc
> rpm for el4 anyone with ideas let me know how to go around this
> problem
>
> [root at localhost linux 29-01-2007]# rpm -i vlc-0.8.6a-2.el4.rf.i386.rpm
> warning: vlc-0.8.6a-2.el4.rf.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
> ID 6b8d79e6
> error: Failed dependencies:

This looks like and rpmforge-packaged RPM; you need to configure yum
to point at the rpmforge repository, and then run "yum install vlc".

Instructions are here:

http://rpmforge.net/user/faq/

You may have to browse the repository to find the appropriate
rpmforge-release package, since the one linked to from http://
rpmforge.net/user/packages/rpmforge-release/ for RHEL 4 is out of
date; the package you want is here:

http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/RPMS.dag/rpmforge-
release-0.3.6-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm

-steve

--
If this were play'd upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction.  - Fabian, Twelfth Night