[CentOS] Clamav .90x that worked for me

Thu Feb 15 15:43:48 UTC 2007
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, rado wrote:

> I always update clamav from dag but this time it gave me fits.
> On a clean install of clamav ver .90 that I did...after first completely
> erasing (rpm -e clamav  ...etc for all clamav files), I then installed
> ver 9.0 and the fix for me was to edit /etc/sysconfig/clamav-milter in 2
> places:
>
> completely remove the line: dont-log-clean
> don't just comment it out...in the flags, it has to be removed
>
> and also
> on the socket line ...should start by -obl...edit it to -ol
>
> I think also in /etc/crond.conf you should also edit the commented line:
> #LogClean to LogClean yes
>
> I didn't edit /etc/crond.conf on this machine but am fixing to right
> now...although it works w/out it

It might be more useful to send feedback to the RPMforge mailinglist :)

But what you experienced is exactly why you should not update from my
repository directly. Especially in production !

Since we upgrade software, upstream changes can cause configuration
changes and RPM packages are not intended to help you with that.

Kind regards,