[CentOS] How do I create a clean build environment?

Fri Feb 16 00:09:44 UTC 2007

Hi

Mark Hull-Richter wrote:

> 1) Which of the above should not be available in my build environment
> (and why), if you have the time?

essentially, you only need the pkgs in 'base' and 'core' as well as
other build-requires and their dep chains to build a package.

> 2) I've found plague and plague-related RPMs at
> http://centos.karan.org/el4/extras/stable/x86_64/RPMS/repodata/repoview/Development.Tools.group.html
> - which of them do I need and which versions (I'm guessing "all" and
> "the latest")?

plague is a buildsystem - but not a package builder, it uses mock under
the hood, and I am guessing all you really want is mock and not the
whole plague suite.

> 3) Where is documentation on how to use plague?  I didn't see it at the
> above URL....

I suggest you start with mock, lots of docs on the fedora project wiki
for that.

- KB