[CentOS] OT rpmforge rpm is not putting Dag repo info in yum.conf

Mon Feb 19 16:47:52 UTC 2007
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Steve Campbell wrote:

> I should change this to OT, as it's not really CentOS related.
>
> I had a post on the list last week asking how the rpmforge rpm was to be
> implemented in yum. Craig White was kind enough to list how his yum.conf is
> appended, I assume after he installed the rpm.
>
> Unfortunately, mine is not appended with these lines. I am running CentOS 3. I
> will add these lines manually, and probably remove the yum.repos.d folder.
> This could be related to the fact that this was an upgraded Tao machine, and I
> had to remove and reinstall the yum rpms as the centosplus repos were also not
> in the conf file, but the main repos for Centos were there.
>
> I just wanted to let people know that installing the rpmforge rpm doesn't seem
> to work all the time. It seems to think that I have a CentOS 4 version of yum,
> so it creates the extra repos folder, adds the mirrors and conf files under
> the repos folder and does not append the yum.conf with the repository info. I
> have probably done something improper along the Tao->Centos upgrade path, but
> I am not sure what.
> Thanks for all of the help.

Why not be on topic and use the RPMforge mailinglists ?

Fact is that the yum that comes with RHEL3 does not allow to dump a
config-file in a directory and I'm not going to rewrite the existing
yum.conf to enable RPMforge automatically because that is a dangerous
thing to do.

If you would have been using apt, it would work automatically on all
distributions.

Kind regards,