[CentOS] Re: Centos package to export to eps format

Fri Feb 23 22:04:59 UTC 2007
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

On Fri Feb 23 20:57:04 UTC 2007, Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at
medallion.com wrote:

> Yes! It's called cups+ghostscript, there is also a cups filter floating
> arounds called cups-pdf which does the leg work for you.

> Basically cups presents a Postscript printer to the network, pick any
> good color postscript printer, (add samba for windows printing support
> and ads publishing) the client machine connects, converts the documents
> into Postscript for printing, but instead of going to a postscript
> printer it sends it to ghostscript's ps2pdf converter.

I cannot tell if this answers my question or not so I will restate my
requirement.  I believe that I need to create an .eps format file with
text and graphics and font information preserved. I have the original
document in ms-word 2000 format. I also have it in .pdf format. I am given
to understand that the difference between .eps and .ps is the the
inclusion of the font info.  Is a plain .ps output file sufficent instead
because this I can easily accomplish.

Regards,

Canada  L8E 3C3