[CentOS] dovecot and squirrelmail problem

Mon Feb 26 13:49:02 UTC 2007
Matthew Martz <mdmartz at gflug.net>

On Sun, February 25, 2007 10:28 pm, Florin Andrei wrote:
> Florin Andrei wrote:
>>
>> I log in to Squirrelmail and attempt to create the directory named
>> "test", as subfolder of None and allow it to contain subfolders.
>> I get this error:
>>
>> ERROR: Could not complete request.
>> Query: CREATE "test/"
>> Reason Given: Invalid mailbox name: test/
>
> If I connect to Dovecot from Thunderbird and attempt to create
> directories, it works fine. Only Squirrelmail fails to create dirs.
>
> --
> Florin Andrei
>
> http://florin.myip.org/

In /etc/squirrelmail/config.php you should have the following lines
configured:

$imapServerAddress      = 'x.x.x.x';
$imapPort               = 143;
$imap_server_type       = 'other';

Replace x.x.x.x with the Ip address of hostname of the IMAP server.
imapPort should remain as 143 unless you shanged the IMAP port.
imap_server_type should be set to 'other' for dovecot.

Actually you should run /usr/share/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl if you
haven't and maybe even install the configuration plugin for the web
interface.

--
Matthew Martz
CentOS Mirror Admin