[CentOS] Problem with VSFTP

Tue Feb 27 12:15:17 UTC 2007
kalinix <calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com>

On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 15:03 +0400, Rajeev R Veedu wrote:
> Mel and Will,
>
> I had tried both the option. It doesn't work either.
>
> But when we disable the anonymous access how come IE could login to pub
> folder (which is under /var/ftp/pub).
>
> Thanks
>
> Rajeev

First, please don't top post.

Second, the behavior as you described it, is not ftp server's fault but
rather browser's "feature":

"Note that Internet Explorer automatically logs on anonymously to all
FTP servers that permit anonymous logon." (from Microsoft TechNet -
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/IIS3/iischp9.mspx?mfr=true)

So, if you need to ftp the server from within Internet Explorer (there
are plenty of other better clients out there) you will have to disable
anonymous account on your server or, as someone else already mentioned
use ftp://user@yourftpserver instead, and you will get the login prompt.

HTH,

Calin

The trouble is, there is an endless supply of White Men, but there has
always been a limited number of Human Beings. -- Little Big Man