[CentOS] Re: Add RAID after install in one disk

Wed Feb 28 16:30:08 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

CM spake the following on 2/28/2007 5:40 AM:
>> IIRC, you also have to do some special magic with the grub config to
>> make the machine boot nicely even if you have to reboot with one drive
>>
>> down. Unfortunately, it's been a while since last time I did this, so
>> I  can't remember.
>>
>> --
>>   Haakon Gjersvik Eriksen     --                  Basefarm AS
>
> Presuming sda first HDD, sdb second HDD, first partition (0)  is /boot
>
> grub
> device (hd1) /dev/sdb
> root (hd1,0)
> setup (hd1)
>
> CM

I'm confused. Wouldn't you want "root (hd0,0)"
because if the first drive fails, the second drive will become sda after boot.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and