[CentOS] Lost Samba GUI interface

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Jan 6 22:19:26 UTC 2007

Johnny -

Thanks for info!  Fortunately I have a printout of smb.conf plus Samba
working on another Centos server.  My needs fall into that no man's land
between the system oriented users and the newbie who bought his first
computer.  About once a year I need to put a new server online or make
some tweaks.  The rest of the time the server(s) just run while I forget
everything I may have known (except for those things I wrote down).

It is curious that "system-config-samba" no longer works and smb.conf is
correct (as well as Samba is working).  "find / -name
system-config-samba" does bring up several items, but I do not know
enough to figure out what may be amiss.

Todd