[CentOS] Re: Fedora Legacy shutting down

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun Jan 7 16:10:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, John Summerfield wrote:

> I maintain a RHL 7.3 system; what's involved in switching it to CentOS2.1?

My sympathies go out to you. :-)

> I  presume I need to replace the /etc/releases file, the yum configuration
> and (maybe) force-reinstall some upgrades

I have never actually tried to do the upgrade but years ago when RHEL (then
called 2.1AS) was new, I used a 7.3 system to build the 2.1AS rpms. The
biggest problem I had was that some of the 7.3 packages were newer then the
2.1AS packages. IIRC 2.1AS was based off of RHL 7.2.

I suspect that trying to do the upgrade from 7.3 to CentOS2.1, _might_ leave
you with some packages not up to date.

Good luck!!

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com