[CentOS] Re: Updating PHP

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Mon Jan 8 17:13:51 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 04:39:00PM -0000, Nigel Kendrick enlightened us:

Assuming by "downloaded from PHP.net" you mean you got the tarball and did
it, congratulations, you just ruined the entire point of a Package-Managed
system.

See http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/SourceInstalls for why you
shouldn't do that.

Matt