[CentOS] yum has no updates?

Fri Jan 12 09:52:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 10:43 +0100, D Ivago wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't updated my centos 4.3 machine in weeks but when I run yum
> update / yum upgrade no updates seem to be Reading repository metadata
> in from local files
> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletionavailable on the default
> repo's and dag's repo?
>
> "Reading repository metadata in from local files
> No Packages marked for Update/Obsoletion"
>
> yum install $program stills works tho, is this normal behaviour or is
> there something wrong with my updates?
>
> ivago

If you have a 4.3 and you have not updated it in more than a month and
if still does not update, then yes ... you have something broken in your
repo setup ...

UNLESS ... do:

chkconfig --list yum

if that says this:

yum             0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on   4:off   5:on   6:off

(or something similar ... then you are getting autoupdates)