[CentOS] Re: yum has no updates?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 17:17:39 UTC 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:42:44 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> D Ivago wrote:
>>    it seems that 24/12/06 was the last time that system got updated
>>    according to the yum log, so I guess that since no new updates have
>>    been issued, One system got compromised last night and I'm looking
>>    for an anwser how...  it's probably via a vulnerability in a PHP
>>    script but just wanted o be sure.
>
> Nope, there have been updates since 24/12/06. Seamonkey, firefox,
> thunderbird, devhelp and rdesktop at least. Though if you have a server,
> the graphical stuff probably wouldn't be there.
>
> Ralph

I run CentOS4.4 386 on a server.  The last update was 12/23/2006 like the
original poster.  The only package that came out after that date was
openoffice as of 1/11/2007.  There are a couple of new packages that were
out yesterday, but things like firefox and thunderbird have not been
updated since 12/23/2006.

Akemi