[CentOS] Server Install Eth0 & Eth1 not working

jeremy.ashton at bell.ca jeremy.ashton at bell.ca
Tue Jan 16 14:33:51 UTC 2007

Is this not the time to make use of the HWADDR option in your
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* files?

http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-rg-en-4/s1-networkscripts-interfa
ces.html

"HWADDR=<MAC-address>, where <MAC-address> is the hardware address of
the Ethernet device in the form AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF. This directive is
useful for machines with multiple NICs to ensure that the interfaces are
assigned the correct device names regardless of the configured load
order for each NIC's module. This directive should not be used in
conjunction with MACADDR. "

Hope this helps,