[CentOS] Re: dhcpd errors

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Jan 16 23:25:40 UTC 2007

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu spake the following on 1/16/2007 1:41 PM:
> On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 14:36 -0500, Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
>> If you are using Cisco switches make sure that you have "spanning-tree
>> portfast" set for each PC/thinclient port, otherwise the spanning-tree
>> protocol negotiation phase might step on the DHCP offers.
>
> Ah, yes, the infamous spanning-tree problem.  That stupid thing has
> driven quite a few people nuts.
> In my case it's not so simple.  The switches aren't by Cisco, and
> they're unmanaged.
>
> Also, everything was working flawlessly before - I don't know what's
> changed besides the new cabling.
>
> I wonder if it could be a routing problem.  I'll have to look into it
> more.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ranbir

I had a similar problem with some unmanaged switches and some cabling. I had
to pull the power on all the switches and re-plug them in. The moving around
of stuff must have corrupted their mac caches.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and