[CentOS] Re: dhcpd errors

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Wed Jan 17 15:36:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 15:25 -0800, Scott Silva wrote:
> I had a similar problem with some unmanaged switches and some cabling. I had
> to pull the power on all the switches and re-plug them in. The moving around
> of stuff must have corrupted their mac caches.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work.  I've got some pretty
irate users now - understandable really.

I'm using Thinstation 2.1.3 to boot the thin clients.  This appears to
work flawlessly.  I've been testing Thinstation 2.2, and I've noticed
that when I boot a thin client with the test Thinstation 2.2. images,
the thin client won't get an IP on the second reboot.  It seems like
Thinstation 2.2 is triggering something - I just don't know what.

It doesn't make sense.  I don't know why the PXE boot would fail after a
successful reboot.  I still haven't found what this means:

dhcpd: DHCPRELEASE of 10.1.1.155 from 00:40:63:e5:77:1a via eth0 (not
found)

More trouble shooting...

Regards,

Ranbir