[CentOS] second send with right perl grep info - http://www.net-dns.org/ and perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1 upgrade direction needed

R Lists06

lists06 at abbacomm.net
Wed Jan 17 22:47:45 UTC 2007

Apologies for sending again, I did not include the correct perl grep the
first time. Please forgive the temporary idiot and do not feed the trolls.

:-)

Greetings again :-)

On this particular production centos 4 mail server system if I

rpm -qa | grep perl

I get...

perl-Filter-1.30-6
newt-perl-1.08-7
perl-DateManip-5.42a-3
perl-libwww-perl-5.79-5
perl-XML-Encoding-1.01-26
perl-Time-HiRes-1.55-3
perl-CDB_File-0.94-1.2.el4.rf
perl-Archive-Tar-1.30-1.el4.rf
perl-URI-1.30-4
mod_perl-1.99_16-4.centos4
perl-HTML-Tagset-3.03-30
perl-Parse-Yapp-1.05-32
perl-XML-Parser-2.34-5
perl-XML-Dumper-0.71-2
perl-libxml-enno-1.02-31
perl-5.8.5-36.RHEL4
perl-IO-Zlib-1.04-1.2.el4.rf
perl-Digest-SHA1-2.07-5
perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1             <------------------------- *****
perl-Statistics-Distributions-1.02-1.2.el4.rf
perl-DBI-1.40-8
perl-HTML-Parser-3.35-6
perl-libxml-perl-0.07-30
perl-Digest-HMAC-1.01-13
perl-Parse-Syslog-1.03-1.2.el4.rf
perl-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.1.7-1
perl-suidperl-5.8.5-36.RHEL4

right now I am focusing on perl-Net-DNS-0.48-1

and I want to figure out how to migrate to the latest version of Net::DNS on
the

http://www.net-dns.org/

website or learn if .59 has been rolled into the upstream and therefore to
centos 4 or ???

i ask this as I am leary of upgrading production centos servers via CPAN

I am looking to list wisdom to get some direction to help solve this one
first please.

I have researched the basics yet if I may please get a little help to
continue going in the right direction I would be most grateful.

I am sure I will want to add or upgrade some of the others as well.

Ummm much of this is in relation to Spamassassin 3.1.7 issues

Please chime in on creating a new RPM or using CPAN and any other ways that
you folks are dealing with this pleasae?

Thank you and kind regards

 - rh

--
Robert - Abba Communications