[CentOS]Badness in i8042_panic_blink at drivers/input/serio/i8042.c: 992

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Thu Jan 18 09:09:15 UTC 2007

yogeshwar sonawane wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting this error while kernel hangs. I am using CentOS 4.4
> (x86_64) on Dual Opteron 4 way SMP machine. After searching, i didn't
> found a sound answer. If anybody know the solution, plz let me know.

I see the same on AMD64 with x86_64 kernel. I have a mobo with nvidia
4100 chipset (mATX board) and the chipset have passive cooling. Found
some info on the net that indicated it might be a cooling problem. I
plan to add a fan but I have not gotten that far yet.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.