[CentOS] Connecting to a Novell Server

Jay Lee jlee at pbu.edu
Thu Jan 18 16:50:33 UTC 2007

Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Rob Lines wrote:
>> I am trying to connect our centos 4.4 machines to our Novell Netware
>> 5 servers.
>>
>> The goal is to allow the centos 4.4 clients to connect to the server
>> and access shared folders.  We are not looking for a single sign-on
>> style solution just the ability to connect.
>
> Check into using ncpfs with centos.  If not, then see if netware can
> serve to nfs or smb/cifs clients.
ncpfs is only in the centosplus kernel I believe.  I also found it buggy
and horribly slow.  Instead, consider running Novell's Native File
Access (NFA) product on your Netware server and exporting your Netware
volumes as NFS or SMB shares.  I don't think NFA is included with
Netware 5.0 (though it might be a free dowload, not sure) but I know 6.x
includes it.

Jay