[CentOS] centos driver disk?

Peter Serwe peter at infostreet.com
Thu Jan 18 20:47:01 UTC 2007

Steve Huff wrote:
> the recent discussion of support for Promise SATA drives reminded me
> that a while back i remember reading about a project to assemble a
> driver disk to provide wider hardware support than just stock CentOS.
> how's that coming along?  i don't see anything in the wiki about it...
>
> as i have a vested interest in this project (since i'm still relying
> on old MegaRAID controllers), i'd be willing to help out with it.
> what's the current status, and what needs doing?
>
> thanks,
> -steve
Personally, I could seriously use one with good support for those crusty
old megaraid controllers that doesn't involve the use of a floppy drive, I
have an old PE6450 that I can't seem to get anything useful to run on, and
it's old internal FDD is dead, and grafting a fresh one in didn't even
slightly
work after a lot of hassle/time spent.  In general, as wide as possible
of driver
support, possibly selectable in the install process, or with a decently
documented
workaround to enable/disable would be the shizzle.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>

http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown

"Do you wanna go fast or suck?" -Mike Kojima

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." -Sir Stirling Moss