[CentOS] Apache 2.2 under CentOS?

Peter Serwe peter at infostreet.com
Thu Jan 18 22:16:12 UTC 2007

Bogdan Nicolescu wrote:
> I bookmarked this article yesterday.  Haven't tried out yet.
>

>       Upgrading to httpd 2.2.4 on RHEL and CentOS 4
>       <http://www.jasonlitka.com/2007/01/17/upgrading-to-httpd-224-on-rhel-centos-4/>
>
> http://www.jasonlitka.com/2007/01/17/upgrading-to-httpd-224-on-rhel-centos-4/

I'm sure we'll take a look at that briefly, but I'm recommending we stick
with the distro's version just to avoid a lot of extra headaches.  It also
selfishly allows us to get the kinks worked with this major upgrade,
and then have a sane/stable mapped out to upgrade to CentOS-5 with
httpd-2.2.X, when CentOS-5 gets released.  If we're really lucky, we'll
get to play with the beta on the side for a while getting things ready,
helping these guys out with feedback as necessary, and getting our stuff
ready to roll on the new release something on the order of 6 months after
it's out, just to make sure there's no significant surprises.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>

http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown

"Do you wanna go fast or suck?" -Mike Kojima

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." -Sir Stirling Moss