[CentOS] i8042_panic_blink conflict with legacy interrupt from devices.

vishal vishal vishal_linux at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jan 19 06:33:37 UTC 2007

details:
  i am using quad-socket dual core Opteron Dell machines poweredge 6950 servers. the pci express device i am using is my own device (which i have designed).
  the chipset and the machines are the latest available in the market.
  the chipset i am using is Broadcom HT-2100 for the PCI express devices.
  and the Broadcom HT-1000 for the other I/O devices.
  it has 3.5" SAS drives.

  i have searched their website but i don't think there is any BIOS upgrade available.

  regards,
  Vishal

Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
  > my PCI-Express device is generating interrupts at a very high rate.
> when i generate legacy interrupts the system hangs saying
>
> "Badness in i8042_panic_blink in
> drivers/input/serio/i8042.c:992"
>
> but when i generate the interrupts using the MSI mode. the system is working
> fine.
> please help

Please provide more detail.
Which motherboard are you using?
What pci-express device(s) are you using?
Have you checked for a bios update for your board?

George Orwell