[CentOS] Porting to RISC

Daniel de Kok daniel-lists at taickim.com
Fri Jan 19 13:18:48 UTC 2007

On Thu, January 18, 2007 8:23 pm, Daniel Rindt wrote:
> for a small embedded System i would like to install CentOS, but it is a
> RISC System. So my Question is it possible to rebuild some SRPMs for
> RISC?

Depending on the environment, this is probably a useless waste of CPU
cycles, memory, and precious storage space :). As other suggested, you may
want to look at Busybox.

<semi-ot>
If the system has a MMU, NetBSD is also a good option. It can fit in low
memory environments, and can easily be cross-compiled on any architecture
you prefer. The miniroot build infrastructure bits show how one could
build a small system. Of course, you could also use precompiled binary
sets plus pax and mtree.
</semi-ot>

-- Daniel