[CentOS] Problems w/ CentOS 4.4 ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at HiWAAY.net
Fri Jan 19 21:44:12 UTC 2007

Drew Weaver wrote:

>Just by simply typing google LG GSA H22N linux kernel I was able to find
>at least two people who report success using this drive on kernel 2.6.14
>and above.
>
>Ymmv
>
>-Drew

Rats !!!! I guess I over-googled, I had 'CentOS 4.4' in there as well,
only got 8 hits, none pertinent. Any idea what might cause this behavior
(no /dev/hdc or /dev/cdrom present, only mention of hdc in dmesg output
is 1 line referring to IDE1 channel, & this only minutes after install
from that drive) ? Thanks in advance ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.