[CentOS] Re: core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Peter Serwe peter at infostreet.com
Fri Jan 19 22:45:06 UTC 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> If you want the latest and greatest, CentOS is not for you. Try Fedora. If you
> want a consistant environment that you won't have to re-compile or rewrite
> your mission critical apps at every update, that is what CentOS and all other
> enterprise class distros are all about.

I realize why I see this mantra of try Fedora Core all the time when
people are requesting
bleeding-edge features from a distro that specifically mandates
otherwise in it's stated purpose,
but isn't recommending a project that has announced it's shutting down
kind of counter-productive
for everybody?  Granted, it is bleeding edge, but the project's shutting
down, so it seems
kind of a wrong answer.

Peter

--
Peter Serwe <peter at infostreet dot com>

http://www.infostreet.com

"The only true sports are bullfighting, mountain climbing and auto racing." -Earnest Hemingway

"Because everything else requires only one ball." -Unknown

"Do you wanna go fast or suck?" -Mike Kojima

"There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love." -Sir Stirling Moss