[CentOS] core 2 duo motherboards and centos 4

Theo Band theo.band at xanadu-wireless.com
Mon Jan 22 23:42:13 UTC 2007

Ben Mohilef wrote:
> Overclocking the E6600 worked with the Corsair 800Mz memory,
> locked up randomly under load with slower memory. 4GB is all the P5B
> Deluxe will take.

Funny, I was advised to buy a ASUS P5B-VM since I need 8MB memory.
That would mean each of the 4 slots a 2GB DDR2 module. My local shop
suggests me to choose TWIN2XP2048-6400C4 (Corsair) but that are two
modules of each 1GB. I downloaded the ASUS manual and it tells that 8GB
memory is possible with 2GB modules but in the QVL only 1GB modules are
mentioned.

I did a quick search on the internet, but couldn't find any module sized
2GB occupying a single DDR2 slot.

Background is that I want to have a motherboard that is capable of 8GB
for CAD applications but my feeling is that this is not the right board
to use.
So is 8GB possible at all?

Thanks for any help,
Theo